Website Terms & Conditions
This website ("Site") is made up of a number of pages. The pages about USL and its brands, products and services, are hosted by or on behalf of Universal Specialties Limited and are subject to the terms and conditions set out below and any other specific terms and policies applicable to those matters. To the extent of any inconsistency, the specific terms and policies shall prevail.
- While we have endeavored to ensure that the information we have provided on the Site is free from error, it is provided "as is" and "as available" and without warranties of any kind either express or implied. USL does not warrant the accuracy, currency or completeness of the information on the Site or that the Site is error free or suitable for your intended use. USL does not warrant that the Site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components and we shall not be responsible or liable for any error in, or omission from, the information we have provided on the Site except as required by law.
- We reserve the right to make changes to the information provided on the Site at any time and without notice.
- If you use the USL online web shop, separate terms and conditions apply. Those terms and conditions may be viewed at Terms of Trade for Website (currently available at email@example.com)
Use of the site
- You agree not to use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms. You may download the information on the site for your own personal use but otherwise neither the site, nor any material on it, may be altered, modified, reproduced, transmitted or distributed without our prior written consent. Your use of the Site will not create nor will you represent to have any interests or rights in our intellectual property. You agree that you will not interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Site, or damage the operation of the Site, or our systems or those of other persons who use the Site, whether by way of a virus, corrupted file, any other software or program, or otherwise. We reserve the right to suspend your use of the Site where we consider that you may have breached these Terms or the law.
Links to and from other websites
- Any links to third party websites are provided for convenience only, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement or verification by us. We do not monitor the content of any other websites and are not liable or responsible in relation to any content on them. For the purposes of this section a "third party website" is any website other than USL Sport, USL Equipment, USL Medial, USL Consumer, or USL Medical PTY LTD.
- You agree that you will not create a hyperlink to this Site without our express written permission. If you do create a hyperlink to this Site, you are responsible for all losses that we may suffer as a result of that link, whether direct or indirect. Linking to this Site is at your own risk. You may not frame any part of the Site content by including advertising or other revenue generating material.
Intellectual property rights
- All right, title and interest in all intellectual property rights in all concepts, systems, written, graphic and other material relating to the Site and its contents is owned by, and shall at all times remain the exclusive property of, us, our licensors and the providers of any other products and services accessible on the Site, and is protected by New Zealand and international law. Nothing in these Terms shall constitute a license of intellectual property rights to you.
Exclusion of liability and indemnity
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable for any consequential, indirect or special damage or loss of any kind whatsoever arising from or in relation to your use of, or inability to use, the Site. All representations, terms, warranties, guarantees or conditions whether implied by statute, common law or custom of the trade or otherwise are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Such exclusions apply to USL, its related companies, and directors, officers, employees or agents of Universal Specialties Limited or its related companies, as the context requires. You agree to indemnify us against all liabilities, losses, (including consequential and indirect losses) claims and expenses suffered or incurred by us, and all claims and demands made against us, arising directly or indirectly out of your use of the Site, or any breach of these Terms.
- Failure on the part of USL to enforce any of these Terms shall not be construed as a waiver or as a waiver of USL’s right to enforce these Terms at a later date.
- New Zealand law governs the use of the Site and these Terms.
1. Respecting your privacy
USL is committed to compliance with privacy laws which apply to its businesses and which set out standards for the management of personal information.
This policy outlines our personal information management practices. Specifically:
- the kinds of personal information we collect and hold;
- how we collect and hold it;
- the purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose it;
- your right to access and seek correction of it;
- how you may complain about privacy matters; and
- our sharing of your personal information overseas.
There are some matters to which this policy does not apply. These are referred to below (see clause 9 below). By using our websites and/or providing information to us by other means, you consent to the collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this policy. In some circumstances, if you do not provide us with information we may not be able to provide certain goods or services to you.
In this policy, references to “USL “us” or “we” are references to Universal Specialties Limited.
2. What kinds of personal information do we collect and hold?
The personal information we collect and hold is what is reasonably necessary for our business functions and activities. When we collect and hold personal information, it is of the following kinds:
- your personal details such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers, age and gender;
- your customer reference number ;
- whether you have taken up some of our other offerings,
- what, how and when you buy from us or have expressed an interest in buying from us;
- your stated or likely preferences, for example whether you may be interested in particular products or promotions.
Depending on the nature of your dealings with us, we may collect and hold other types of personal information.
You generally have the option of not identifying yourself or of using a pseudonym when dealing with us. But not where this is impractical (for example when you shop online with us) or where the law or a court order provides otherwise.
3. How do we collect and hold personal information?
Collection of personal information: When we collect personal information about you, we do so by making a record of it. We do this when:
- you register with us, for example to create an account, or to send you information;
- you communicate with us online;
- you take part in our promotions, competitions, testimonials, surveys and focus groups;
- you deal with us in other ways involving a need for personal information to be provided.
We may also collect personal information about you by accessing data from other sources and then analysing that data together with the information we already hold about you in order to learn more about your likely preferences and interests.
When you visit our websites, social media pages or mobile applications or click on our advertisements on the online media of other companies, we may collect information about you using technology which is not apparent to you, for example “cookies”. Please ref to 8 in the Terms & Conditions Document.
Most of the personal information we collect and hold about you is from your direct dealings with us. We may sometimes collect your personal information other than from you directly. For example from other suppliers who, in common with us, have a relationship with you.
Holding of personal information: Personal information we hold is generally stored in computer systems. These may be operated by us or by our service providers. In New Zealand, personal information will be held by USL at the address listed in clause 5 below. In all cases, we have rigorous information security requirements aimed at eliminating risks of unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or wrongful alteration of, personal information.
4. Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
When we collect, hold and use your personal information, we do so primarily to sell and promote our goods and services to you and to improve on the range of our offerings. For example:
- to learn of your likely preferences so that we may promote our goods and services to you in a way which may be of most interest to you; and
- to assist in investigating your complaints and enquiries.
We disclose personal information we collect for the purposes of (or for purposes which are directly related to) the sale and promotion of our goods and services to you. We may disclose your personal information within the USL group, to service providers who assist us in our day-to-day business operations and as part of buying or selling businesses.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for other purposes authorised by you or which are within reasonable expectations or where permitted by law.
When marketing to you, your personal information is only ever used or disclosed for the USL group’s own purposes. You may opt out of our direct marketing to you. Our direct marketing materials will tell you how to do this.
We may de-identify your personal information. We may do this for use and disclosure of the anonymous data to determine preferences and shopping patterns.
5. How can you enquire about, access and correct your personal information?
Access: We will provide you with access to any of your personal information we hold (except in limited circumstances recognised by law). If you wish to access your personal information or have an enquiry about privacy, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively, you can write to us at: USL PO Box 15645 New Lynn.
Before we provide you with access to your personal information we may require some proof of identity.
Correction: If you need to correct your personal information, please contact us at one of the above contact points.
6. How can you complain about our management of personal information?
If you wish to complain about a breach of the privacy rules that bind us, you may contact us at one of the above contact points. We may ask you to put your complaint in writing and to provide details about it.
We may discuss your complaint with our personnel and our service providers and others as appropriate.
We will investigate the matter and attempt to resolve it in a timely way. We will inform you in writing about the outcome of the investigation. If we do not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, or at any other time, you may make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner.
7. Our sharing of your personal information overseas
It is our policy to require all of our overseas sharing of personal information to be done in a way which requires observance of strict privacy and security standards, both during transit and at the overseas destination. Transfer of personal information overseas does not relieve us of our obligations to you under applicable privacy laws.
We may allow your personal information to be shared with those who are in countries other than your own location that have acceptable privacy standards. We do this:
- where we have made a business decision to store our data with a trusted service provider who is in the business of providing data storage and processing services. Examples are those who store and process our email and mobile application data. These services commonly involve diverse geographic locations which change from time to time for reasons which include data protection and processing efficiency. Where these services are used by us, it is not practical for us to notify you of which country your personal information may be located in; and
- for disclosures between our group companies. Our main business locations are in Australia and New Zealand, but some of our group companies may be based in other countries from time to time.
- when our business which collected your personal information is in a different country to your location;
- where you are involved with public liability issues concerning a product we may disclose your personal information to any overseas supplier of such a product in the course of managing those issues.
9. Other privacy terms and limits of this policy
This is a policy. There may be additional privacy notices and terms relevant to you depending on the nature of your dealings with us and on our particular businesses.
We have separate charters concerning our employees – this policy does not apply to the personal information of our employees in their capacity as such.
10. More information
More information about privacy law and privacy principles is available from the Privacy Commissioner. The Privacy Commissioner may be contacted at www.privacy.org.nz
© USL Medical 2018